Fast and Female Power Hour presented by Speed Skating Canada
Join us for a virtual afternoon of empowerment through sports with Speed Skating Canada! This Power Hour includes our Fast and Female Curriculum, fun physical activity, and Q&A with our R.E.A.L. (Relatable, Empowering, Active Leaders) Role Models, and more. Participants will enjoy high-quality time with female athlete role models and learn about the power of positive thinking. Our Fast and Female Curriculum is focused on participants learning the power of positive self-talk to support mental health and awareness of ‘inner gossip’ and it’s impact on our body and choices.
Speed Skating Canada: As Speed Skating Canada, our athletes and coaches have long captured the world’s attention as leaders in short track and long track speed skating. We take pride in being our country’s most successful Olympic sport, with a total of 70 medals brought home by our Canadian athletes.
We are excited to be partnering with Fast and Female for two Power Hour events! We want to show girls that it is FUN to be active and that sports will help you succeed and be leaders in life off the ice or beyond the field. We are also ecstatic to be offering Fast and Female’s very first Power Hour in French!
Fast and Female R.E.A.L. Role Models:
- Isabelle Weidemann – Long Track National Team
- Valérie Maltais – Long Track National Team
- Courtney Sarault – Short Track National Team
- Alexa Scott – NextGen Team
- Ivanie Blondin – Long Track National Team
- And more to come!
WHEN: Saturday, October 3rd, 2020 from 2:30 – 4:00 pm EST (12:30 – 2:00 pm MT)
WHERE: Virtual! Join us on ZOOM, wherever you may be. Zoom to link to be sent.
WHO: Girls ages 8-12 years old
- Online registration closes Thursday, October 1st at 11:59 pm EST
- Curriculum module + giveaway
- Fast and Female downloadable poster
- Fast and Female T-shirt
- Speed Skating Canada Buff
- Fast and Female downloadable worksheet
All items to be mailed to participants. Register by September 21st for guaranteed shipment by event date! All orders received after September 21st are not guaranteed to arrive by the event date.
POWER HOUR SCHEDULE:
- 2:25 pm – Log in to Zoom
- 2:30 pm – Welcome to Fast and Female / Introduce R.E.A.L. Role Models
- 2:40 pm – Power Hour Curriculum
- 3:15 pm – Physical Activity Break
- 3:35 pm – Inspirational Chat and Q&A with Fast and Female R.E.A.L. Role Models
- 3:55 pm – Closing remarks
- 4:00 pm – Event Conclusion
WHAT DO YOU NEED:
- Your downloadable worksheet and a writing utensil
- Plenty of space to move
- Comfortable attire to have fun in
- A computer, cell phone or tablet to log in and participate in the workshop
We look forward to seeing you on October 3rd!
Donate Today! Please consider making a donation to support Fast and Female Canada programs. Visit www.fastandfemale.com/donatenow for more details.
Fast and Female events are open to ALL girls. Everyone is included and everyone is welcome. If your daughter/participant you are registering needs additional support or if there’s anything we should know ahead of time, please email us and let us know: email@example.com