Fast and Female expects volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors to adhere to a certain standard of conduct in order to maintain our high standards and create a positive, inclusive and welcoming environment for all. Fast and Female volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors play a vital role in the positive development of all participants. They are instrumental in encouraging all participants to embrace and enjoy sport in many forms with the goal of staying healthy and active in sports. The following code of conduct is developed to aid volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors to achieve a level of behaviour, which will allow them to assist all participants to the maximum. It is the responsibility of Fast and Female and its volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors to make every effort to ensure a positive, inclusive, safe and welcoming environment. Volunteers/Fitness Instructors/Ambassadors are expected to use common sense and good judgment regarding appropriate conduct at Fast and Female events and when representing Fast and Female. The emphasis on and necessity of good teamwork at Fast and Female means Volunteers/Fitness Instructors/Ambassadors are expected to put in an extra effort when interacting with others. We expect your cooperation in ensuring that our Fast and Female environment is positive, inclusive, safe and welcoming and motivating for one another.
Volunteers/Fitness Instructors/Ambassadors Have a Responsibility to:
- Treat everyone fairly and with respect regardless of gender, place of origin, race, physical or mental disabilities, sexual orientation, religion, political beliefs, or economic status.
- Respect the skill, fitness, and ability level of all volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors/participants by:
- Ensuring that the activity being undertaken is suitable for the age, experience, and ability of all participants.
- Educating volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors/participants in their responsibility to contribute to a safe event environment.
- Treating volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors/participants with respect and actively encouraging others to do the same.
- Consistently display high personal standards and project a favourable image of Fast and Female by:
- Refraining from public criticism of other volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors/participants.
- Abstaining from the use of tobacco and cannabis products and the drinking of alcoholic beverages while in the presence of participants.
- Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language in the conduct of their duties.
- Refrain from the use of drugs or banned substances.
- Refrain from posting or sharing online content that is not consistent with this Code of Conduct or Fast and Female’s stated values.
- Work with Fast and Female in a professional manner allowing for the best experience possible for participants. This includes:
- Communicating in a timely and respectful manner with Fast and Female Event Coordinators, Leadership team, and Partner Organizations.
- Being prepared to the best of their ability for each event. This may include attending training and engaging with educational materials distributed by Fast and Female prior to the event.
Volunteers/Fitness Instructors/Ambassadors Must:
- Ensure the safety of all volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors/participants.
- Respect the dignity of volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors/participants. Verbal or physical behaviours that constitute harassment or abuse are not acceptable.
- Never allow the use of drugs or other banned substances.
- Never provide underage volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors/participants with alcohol or tobacco and cannabis products.
- At no time become intimately and/or sexually involved with participants who are in their care. This includes requests for sexual favours, or threats of reprisal for the rejection of such requests.
- Not disclose confidential information to unauthorized persons. Including:
- Sharing volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors/participants medical, contact, personal, etc. information with non-Fast and Female parties.
- Disclosing the location or attendance of volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors/participants who have not given consent.
- Taking or sharing photos of volunteers/fitness instructors/Ambassadors/participants who have not given written consent.
- Abuse Fast and Female or Fast and Female Partner’s property
- Use Fast and Female property or property belonging to another volunteer/fitness instructor/Ambassador/participant without previously given consent
- Not use loud or abusive or vulgar language, acting in a threatening or intimidating or coercive manner, or interfering with the wellbeing of others
- Not present yourself in the community in an unprofessional or inappropriate manner as a representative of Fast and Female
- Engage in any behaviour or activity which, in Fast and Female’s opinion, does not meet the requirements of the position.
Penalties and Discipline:
Failure to follow the Fast and Female’s Volunteer/Fitness Instructor/Ambassador Code of Conduct at all Fast and Female events and while representing Fast and Female may result in one or more of the following actions:
- Immediate removal from event.
- Suspension period determined by Fast and Female leadership team.
- Indefinite removal from all Fast and Female programming, events and future opportunities.
- Where payment or honorariums have been agreed to, voided contracts may lead to withheld or cancelled payments.
- Elevation to legal action, if deemed necessary by Fast and Female and involved parties.
By checking the box on the form I can confirming that I have read and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and understand that any failure to abide by the Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination from Fast and Female programming, events, and opportunities.