Welcome to our Kaitlyn's Sport Stories Recap - a weekly feature on what's been happening in…
April is Earth Month! This is a time for us to appreciate the Earth we live on and to consider how we can do better. This is a call to action for the public and for organizations to do better to protect the Earth.
Ways to Celebrate
- Spend time outdoors enjoying nature
- Pick up garbage in your neighbourhood or local park
- Use a reusable water bottle instead of a single-use plastic bottle
- Turn your lights off when they aren’t needed
- Make something out of found items from nature (rocks, sticks, leaves, etc.) or recycled items
- Go for a walk or do some yoga outside
- Do some gardening
- Compost your food scraps
- Take gently used clothes to a thrift store/donation site instead of throwing them away
- Grow something! Trees, plants, fruits and vegetables!
- Read a book about the Earth
Even though Earth Month is in April, we know it is important to continue to be kind to the Earth and make changes to our lifestyles to be more sustainable.