WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE? Fast and Female is a nationwide charity on a mission…
WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE?
- Fast and Female is a nationwide charity on a mission to empower girls through sport and physical activity! Using our evidence-based curriculum, developed by industry leaders, we aim to build the confidence and leadership skills of girls ages 8-18 through our events and programs. We believe in the power of REAL (relatable, empowered, active leaders) Role Models for our participants and aim to create girl-centred, girl-focused opportunities for our participants to connect with incredible women Role Models that are passionate about sport and physical activity.
- A world where girls thrive with limitless opportunities and effortless access to sport and physical, free from any barriers.
- Empowering girls through sport, physical activity and education.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sport culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful changes.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
- Event Facilitator –North Battleford, Saskatchewan
- Reports to Program Manager
- Works collaboratively with the Program Coordinator
- Fast and Female is seeking an Event Coordinator to coordinate and facilitate the successful execution of a Fast and Female Power Hour in North Battleford, SK. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented and has a flexible schedule leading into this event on Friday, March 8, 2024. The person in this position shares our vision for a positive, empowering culture for girls in sports. The candidate is accountable for organizing the Run of Show for the event, facilitating the workshop, managing Role Models, supporting post-program evaluations, Eventbrite and other remote and administrative duties.
- Program and Event Development and Planning
- Works closely with the Program Manager and other core team members (as necessary) by providing input and support in the planning and delivery of the event.
- Help to develop and maintain all program and digital event resources, including the Google Drive folders, work back plans/critical path and run sheet documents for the event.
- Collaborates with the Fast and Female Communications team to ensure effective and proper pre-program and event communications to partners and participants, as necessary.
- Liaise with partners, Role Models, physical activity facilitators, panellists and other external supports to collect relevant information and items related to communications and marketing – i.e., partner logo, Role Model photo, Instagram information, etc.
- Attend meetings with partner(s) as needed.
- Program and Event Delivery and Evaluation
- Oversees the maintenance of the Eventbrite registration page, including running event reports, reviewing responses, etc.
- Ensure that all insurance policies and procedures are followed, including having waivers signed and retained for the safe execution of the program or event.
- Supports the collection and analysis of data on participation, including program and event participant numbers, registration information, the contact information of partners and Role Models, and post-event survey results – this includes support in creating new surveys through in-person, Survey Monkey and/or Google Forms.
- Liaison with Role Models.
- Liaison with the Inventory Coordinator to collect and set up all materials to bring onsite (swag, banners, tent, etc.)
- Oversees the on-site delivery of the event – from on-site set-up, coordinating Role Models, facilitating F&F Curriculum during the workshop, moderating the panel, liaison with event photographers, take down, etc.
- Assists in the creation of post-program and event internal and external reports (i.e., for donors and sponsors).
- Program and Event Administrative tasks
- Supports creating new and/or updating current templates, resources, and procedural documents for the event.
- Attends Fast and Female staff meetings as necessary
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong Eventbrite event page creation and management skills are a requirement.
- Strong events project management, planning and hosting experience
- Experience using Survey Monkey and Google Forms
- Program creation and delivery experience
- Google Drive knowledge
- Spreadsheet management a requirement (Excel)
DESIRED WORK STYLE
- Strong ability to work independently
- Self-directed (takes action as a leader)
- Strong communication skills
- Contractual, part-time work
- Team Player
- Attention to details
- Can-do attitude
- Flexible mindset
- Creative and Curious
TOOLS OWNED BY EMPLOYEE
- Personal Laptop/Computer
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Able to pick up miscellaneous supplies and deliver them to the site as needed
COMMITMENT AND WORK ARRANGEMENT
- Location: North Battleford Comprehensive High School, Saskatchewan– primarily remote contract work with on-site needs leading up to the event.
- Ability to work up to 7 hours between the anticipated start date of February 8, 2024, to March 22, 2024 (dates may be altered).
- Must be available on Friday, March 8, from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm CST.
- Must be able to travel to the event.
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings on occasion.
- Please note that this is a contract position.
- $20 per hour to up to 7 hours (additional hours of work must be approved by the Program Manager)
- Hours will be submitted on a monthly basis via invoice or all at once at the end of the contract (this is based on the incumbent’s preference)
Applications close February 2, at 11:59 ET, 2024
To complete the application process and upload your resume, please apply here.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org