Fast and Female is looking for our next full-time staff member to join our small…
WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE?
- Fast and Female is a Canadian charity on a mission to keep self-identified girls aged 8-14 healthy and active in sports and physical activities. Founded in 2005, Fast and Female believes in the power of positive sport experiences and role models to give girls leadership, teamwork, and resiliency skills.
- In our endeavour to foster lasting involvement in sports, we host national and local events and programs in collaboration with community partners and like-minded individuals. Fast and Female provides opportunities for powerful connection with REAL (Relatable, Empowered, Active Leaders) Role Models from within the girls’ communities.
- Harnessing the power of sports, movement, and role models to forge a new generation of women leaders.
- Keep self-identified girls healthy and active in sports and physical activities.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sport culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful change.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
- Fast and Female YXE – REAL Role Model (RRM) Coordinator
- Reports to Program Director
- Fast and Female is seeking a RRM Coordinator to coordinate the successful execution of the Fast and Female program part of the Fast and Female YXE events on September 11 and September 24 in Saskatoon, SK. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, and has a flexible schedule leading into this event on September 11 and September 24, 2022. The person in this position shares our vision for a positive, empowering culture for girls in sports. The candidate is accountable for ongoing e-mail communications with our role models and other event contractors, organizing the Run of Show for our programming, recruiting physical activity leads and role models, support with post-program evaluations, Eventbrite and other remote and administrative duties.
- Program and Event Development and Planning
- Works closely with the Program Director and other core team members (as necessary) by providing input and support in the planning and delivery of the Fast and Female programming as part of the event day
- Help to develop and maintain all program and event digital resources, including the Google Drive folders, workback plans/critical path and run sheet documents for the event
- Collaborates with the Fast and Female Communications team to ensure effective and proper pre-program and event communications to key stakeholders and role models, as necessary.
- Liaise with partners, Role Models, guest facilitators and other external support to collect relevant information and items related to communications and marketing – i.e., partner logo, Role Model photo, Instagram information, etc.
- Attend meetings with Sask Sport (as needed)
- Travels to the event site in advance to complete site walk, meet with event committee and confirm any final event details
- Regularly attend meetings with the Programs team
- Program and Event Delivery and Evaluation
- Oversees the maintenance of Eventbrite registration pages, including running event reports, reviewing responses, etc.
- Ensure that all insurance policies and procedures are followed, including having waivers signed and retained for the safe execution of the program or event.
- Supports the collection and analysis of data on participation, including contact information of partners and Role Models, and post-event survey results – this includes support in creating new surveys through Survey Monkey and/or Google Forms.
- Liaison with role models and physical activity leads
- Liaison with FF Inventory Coordinators to receive all materials to bring onsite (swag, banners, tent, etc.). Items to be shipped to RRM Coordinator’s place of residence
- Oversees the on-site delivery of the Fast and Female YXE – from on-site set-up, potential MCing, coordinating Role Models, liaison with event photographers, onsite sales, take down, etc.
- Assists in the creation of post-program and event internal and external reports (i.e., for donors and sponsors).
- Program and Event Administrative tasks
- Supports creating new and/or updating current templates, resources, and procedural documents for the event
|DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
||DESIRED WORK STYLE
TOOLS OWNED BY EMPLOYEE
- Personal Laptop/Computer
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Access to a vehicle for event day
COMMITMENT AND WORK ARRANGEMENT
- Contractual, part-time work
- Location: Saskatoon area – primarily remote work with on-site needs leading up to event day and on event day (Civic Centre & Victoria Park)
- Ability to work up to 20 hours between August 11 to September 30, 2022
- Must be available on September 11 and September 24 in Saskatoon
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings on occasions
- $400 for 20 hours (potential for additional hours of work – must be approved by Program Director)
Applications are due Wednesday, August 8 at 11:59 CST.