In this 11th edition, in honour of February being Black History Month and National Girls…
The deadline for applications has now passed. Please check in later for future opportunities. Don’t see the job posting you want but think you’re meant to work here? Send your experience and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Content Marketing Coordinator
WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE?
- Fast and Female is a Canadian charity on a mission to keep self-identified girls aged 8-14 healthy and active in sports and physical activities. Founded in 2005 by Olympic gold medalist Chandra Crawford, Fast and Female believes in the power of positive sport experiences and role models to give girls leadership, teamwork, and resiliency skills.
- In our endeavour to foster lasting involvement in sports and other movement-based activities, we host national and local events and programs in collaboration with community partners and like-minded individuals. Fast and Female provides opportunities for powerful connection with REAL (Relatable, Empowered, Active Leaders) Role Models from within the girls’ communities.
- Harnessing the power of sports and role models to forge a new generation of women leaders.
- Keep self-identified girls healthy and active in sports and physical activities.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sports culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful change.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
- Content Marketing Coordinator
- Reports to Marketing and Communications Manager
- Collaborate in the management of our quarterly editorial calendar, outlining blog, newsletter and social media content for the quarter (Google Sheets)
- Boost our online presence by scheduling daily posts, and engaging with our audience on social media platforms (Planoly and Buffer)
- Manage daily social media scheduling and engagement; including responding to comments, direct messages, flagging necessary questions to the team (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram)
- Create basic social media graphics using pre-existing templates (Canva)
- Interview our role models, supporters and event participants to create blog posts about their stories and experiences (Via Zoom, Email, Phone)
- Create weekly blog posts highlighting our events, supporters, participants, role models, and other fun aspects of our organization (WordPress)
- Repurpose blog post content to use for our weekly newsletters sent to general newsletter subscribers, donors, and role models – each on separate weeks (Mailchimp)
- Editorial Calendar Management
In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will design and execute on a monthly editorial calendar. This will include identifying key awareness dates and social media holidays, managing the content repository and rolling out brand messaging and promotions on various platforms including Instagram, Linked In, Youtube etc.
- Content Curation and Creation
Content is Queen! You have your eye on the latest social media trends, learning which tools to monitor and make recommendations on how Fast and Female should create content and digital events that are of high value to our online audiences. That could mean blogs, that could mean Twitter chats, that could mean webinars, that could mean a podcast. Sometimes that means throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks. We’re looking to add as much value to our audience as we can but don’t want to limit the creativity of our next teammate. Try new things, look at the analytics and let the results drive the strategy.
- Social Media Engagement
You will be engaging with our target audiences online, including donors, athletes, parents/guardians/coaches of young girls in sports. That could mean via Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Clubhouse, etc. Question for us on Twitter? You’re able to respond in a timely manner. We’ve been tagged in a throwback photo on Instagram? You share a thoughtful comment that matches our organization’s tone of voice and encourages them to keep engaging.
- Analytics and Reporting
Each social media platform has its own analytics dashboard and insights. You will learn how to keep track of key metrics, identify what this data is telling us about our online audience’s behaviour and interests, and constantly suggest updates to our social media and content strategy based on these insights. In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager, we will develop monthly analytics presentations, summarizing the performance for the month, learnings and next steps.
- Community Management
Act as a liaison between our digital community members and the internal team, you will listen to what is going on in the Canadian sports world in relation to girls and women in sports. That means immersing yourself in all things girls and women’s sports. That means identifying people of interest and influence in the sports world, researching and learning what they care about, and creating content (biweekly blog posts, weekly newsletters, daily social media) based on this.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH FAST AND FEMALE
Working with Fast and Female is a great opportunity to not only gain fundamental digital marketing and social media skills but also the chance to join forces with a team of women on a mission for social change and empowerment for self-identified girls. Though our core team is small, it is surely mighty, having garnered over 700 REAL (Relatable, Empowered, Active Leaders) Role models in our network, over 10,000 Instagram followers, 10,000+ Facebook fans, and over 13,000 email subscribers. You’ll have a chance to hone in on your content marketing skills, make mistakes, try new things and have fun, with a team that encourages creativity and individuality.
Learn to create reports and analyze data to discover potential opportunities to improve campaigns. Understand key digital marketing concepts and KPIs.
|DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
|DESIRED WORK STYLE
TOOLS OWNED BY EMPLOYEE
- Personal computer and internet access
- Ability to work up to 15 hours per week and to attend key meetings, otherwise, flexible hours set by you
- Location: Remote, work from anywhere
If you have any questions about this position please contact Dominique, Marketing and Communications Manager at email@example.com
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications has now passed. Please check in later for future opportunities. Don’t see the job posting you want but think you’re meant to work here? Send your experience and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org