By: Jessica Henry Right now there are a lot of opinions about women's sports,…
World Health Day – 30 Reasons to Get Moving
By Muskaan Walia
Cover photo by Maria Dalton – Photography
Today is World Health Day! Ever wondered why you should get moving and just can’t seem to find a single, good reason? Well, here’s 30!
1) Helps strengthen bones.
2) Improves cognitive abilities.
3) Lowers chance of depression.
4) Decreases feelings of anxiety.
5) Gives you a sense of accomplishment.
6) Can help you learn a new hobby like dancing!
7) Reduces risk of type 2 diabetes.
8) Improves quality of life.
9) Improves balancing skills.
10) Prevent injuries.
11) Show off at parties.
12) Reduces risk of heart disease.
13) Increase flexibility.
14) Improve sports performance.
15) Be the most athletic parent at games.
16) Inspire your loved ones to do the same.
17) It’s fun!
18) Can help make new friends.
19) Reduces risk of high blood pressure.
20) Affordable and often free way to pass time.
21) Keeps the brain young.
22) Improve the quality of sleep.
23) Builds leadership skills.
24) Increases confidence.
25) Makes you happier.
26) Great way to bond with family.
27) Great way to bond with self.
28) Boosts self-esteem.
29) Become a role model for your kids.
30) Improves lung function.
Have another reason? Let us know in the comments below, why you do feel motivated to get active?
Learn more about Fast and Female’s events and programming and our impact on self-identified girls ages 8 – 16 through our about page.