WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE? Fast and Female is a nationwide charity on a mission…
This posting is now closed! Thank you for your interest in working with Fast and Female. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fast and Female is looking for our next full-time staff member to join our small and mighty team as our new Communications Manager. Collaborating closely with the Executive Director and the Fast and Female leadership team, the Communications Manager will set and guide the strategy for all internal and external communications, messaging and collateral to consistently articulate Fast and Female’s mission and share our impact. This includes managing all our communications platforms, supporting the promotion of our events and programs, and supporting fund development objectives through communications and marketing projects. Learn more about the role below or click here for a PDF of the job description.
What you need to apply:
- Fill out our application form – questions include learning more about your marketing and communications experience and sharing your most successful marketing and communications initiative/experience to date.
- You will be required submit a sample poster, graphic or other promotional material that you’ve created
- Submit your resume online as a PDF and label it with your first initial, last name, Resume – and the position (GEstrada Resume – Communications Manager)
- Optional: Submit a Cover Letter online as a PDF and label it with your first initial, last name, Cover Letter- and the position (GEstrada Resume – Communications Manager)
WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE?
- Fast and Female is a nationwide charity on a mission to empower girls through sport, physical activity, and education. Using our evidence-based curriculum, developed by industry leaders, we aim to build the confidence and leadership skills of girls ages 8-18 through our events and programs.
- Empower girls through sports, physical activity, and education.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sport culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful changes.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
- Communications Manager
- Reports to Executive Director
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director and the Fast and Female leadership team, the Communications Manager will set and guide the strategy for all internal and external communications, messaging and collateral to consistently articulate Fast and Female’s mission and share our impact.
- Support the achievement of strategic goals and priorities, specifically in areas of participant experience, partnerships, awareness and branding, and fund development.
- Recruit, lead, mentor, and coach a dynamic and effective Communications Team.
- Lead the development and delivery of all marketing and communications collateral, including website, social media, newsletter, and media.
- Build Communications Strategy: in collaboration with the Fast and Female Leadership team, lead the development and delivery of the yearly Communications Strategy through an intersectional lens
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications strategy, which includes envisioning and designing Fast and Female’s media strategy, website, and e-communications, tailored across varied audiences and stakeholder groups
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness and test the effectiveness of communications activities against strategic goals. Report on the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholder groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Develop and maintain communications and digital media standards, policies, procedures and functional plans
- Contribute strategically to the evolution of the Fast and Female brand and lead analysis required to measure the impact and performance of the brand
- Support fund development objectives (both sponsorship and charitable giving) through communications and marketing projects and strategies
- Deliver on sponsorship commitments as they pertain to communications and digital channels
- Oversee the writing, campaign and project budgets, production, design, and distribution of a wide variety of publications and collateral materials, including reports, brochures, marketing materials, fact sheets, one-pagers, position papers, slide decks, and other materials
- Content Creation and Management
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral while ensuring brand consistency and guidelines are upheld
- Responsible for the generation of digital content that engages various audience segments and leads to measurable action
- Manage all social media accounts (TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and X)
- Develop and manage the organization’s communications and event marketing calendar (editorial calendar)
- Event and Program Promotion and Reporting
- Collaborate with Programs Team to create a strategic communications plan for events and programs that maximizes pre-event/program exposure and participation, highlights REAL (Relatable, Empowered, Active Leaders) Role Models, Fast and Female values, mission, and calls to action, deliver on sponsorship commitments, and strengthen partnerships with other like-minded organizations
- Liaise with on-site photographers, videographers, and staff for event and program content capturing
- Work with the Program Manager to ensure timely promotions and highlights post-program/event to share with the Fast and Female Community
- Tracking and reporting on social media and digital communications associated with the event and program to present internally and to partners.
- Website and Newsletter Management
- Provide regular website audits and updates to optimize the Fast and Female website (hosted on WordPress)
- Lead the blog strategy
- Recruit and liaise with guest bloggers (i.e. RRMs, partners, participants, etc.)
- Provide regular newsletter audits and updates to optimize the Fast and Female newsletter
- Oversee the strategy and execution of the weekly newsletter to different audiences (Role Models, Donors, General)
- Regularly update and organize the Fast and Female subscriber database (Mailchimp)
- Liaise with REAL Role Models and media outlets for PR opportunities
- Develop and maintain strategic relations with key media contacts and manage all contact databases
- Manage and direct any media requests related to print, TV, and in-person
- Lead the creation of any statements or responses to media in a timely manner
- Staffing and Mentorship
- Build and manage a team of part-time staff, volunteers, and interns/placement students (support staff/volunteers) to support Fund Development projects and initiatives
- Leads the recruitment and hiring of new support staff/volunteers as necessary
- Holds weekly check-ins with support staff/volunteers
- Supports in identifying key deliverables and tasks for
- Leads yearly staff evaluations of part-time support staff
- Mentor and lead team members responsible for Communications administration and coordination. Lead team to create and execute integrated communications strategy, schedule, and tracking process for all communications channels
- Project Management and Administration
- Maintain email account – personal and email@example.com
- Provide support in drafting and reporting updates
- Budget management
- Attend core team meetings as necessary
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder databases
- Connect with Fast and Female Board of Directors and other sub-committees as necessary
- Other ad-hoc administrative support activities, as requested
- Provides regular updates and reports to the Board of Directors and Executive Director
- Collaborating with the Fund Development Manager on all communications to donors, sponsors, and grantors through newsletters and emails
QUALIFICATIONS + DESIRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Communications, Public Relations, Digital Media Marketing or related advanced degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of professional experience in media relations, marketing & communications, digital media or brand roles
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
- Experience leading teams and mentoring/coaching
- Proficiency with Google G Suite for business preferred
- Experienced in email marketing software and strategy
- Experience working with a website development platform, website creation and management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and capable of creating visually compelling presentations
- Experience with video production, photography, and photo editing
- Strong familiarity with Canva
- Superior time management and ability to meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Experience working with equity-deserving groups
- Passionate about gender equity in sports and physical activity
- Strong understanding of intersectionality and ability to build an intersectional content strategy
- Strong interpersonal/people skills
- Strong communication skills – bilingual considered an asset
- Proficient public speaking abilities are considered an asset
- Experience managing budgets is considered an asset
DESIRED WORK STYLE
- Fun, creative and positive
- Self-directed with a strong ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Can-do attitude
- Growth mindset
- Team Player
- Personal Laptop/Computer
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Personal Cell Phone/Phone
- Ability to work 37.5 hours per week (requires a highly flexible candidate)
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings on occasions
- Must be willing to travel to programs and events on occasion
- Location: Remote work
- A commitment of 37.5 weekly hours of work
- Flexibility in working location, though preference is for Calgary or Toronto
- $50,000 – $60,000 yearly salary
- 2 weeks vacation + 1 week off between December 24 – January 1
- $500 employee benefit allowance plan
Application deadline: December 20, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org