WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE? Fast and Female is a nationwide charity on a mission…
This posting is now closed! Thank you for your interest in working with Fast and Female. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fast and Female is looking for our next full-time staff member to join our small and mighty team as our new Fund Development Manager. This individual will be responsible for developing and leading our fund development strategy on an annual basis, with a focus on diversifying the organization’s revenue and support in fundraising $500,000 annually. Learn more about the role below or click here for a PDF of the job description.
What you need to apply:
- Fill out our application form – questions include learning more about your fund development experience, the largest amount of revenue you’ve raised/acquired through your experiences, and sharing your most successful fundraising initiative/experience to date.
- Submit your resume online as a PDF and label it with your first initial, last name, Resume – and the position (GEstrada Resume – Fund Development Manager)
- Optional: Submit a Cover Letter online as a PDF and label it with your first initial, last name, Cover Letter- and the position (GEstrada Resume – Fund Development Manager)
WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE?
- Fast and Female is a nationwide charity on a mission to empower girls through sport, physical activity, and education. Using our evidence-based curriculum, developed by industry leaders, we aim to build the confidence and leadership skills of girls ages 8-18 through our events and programs.
- Empower girls through sports, physical activity, and education.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sport culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful changes.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
- Fund Development Manager
- Reports to Executive Director
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director and Communications Manager, the Fund Development Manager will implement the Fund Development Plan to diversify the organization’s revenue structure and ensure long-term financial security through donations, grants, and sponsorships.
- Launch a giving program that offers a range of opportunities, including annual gifts, monthly, direct mail, and major gifts, grants and foundations
- Establish fundraising goals and identify funding opportunities
- Identifies, builds, and stewards authentic relationships with key organizational partners, including the Board of Directors, corporate partners, major funders, volunteers and community stakeholders
- Grants and Foundations: Identify, manage, and steward grant-based fundraising
- Research and identify new grant opportunities
- Coordinate all grant-based team meetings
- Lead grant writing
- Manage relationships with all grantors
- Track all outstanding grants and grant reporting deadlines
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, write all grant reports to funders
- Liaise with the Communications team to ensure proper recognition and promotions of grantor
- Donor Development and Stewardship: Develop and manage a portfolio of donors through the stages of the donor cycle: prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Identify prospective major donors and funders
- Develop and document strategies for authentic relationship-building
- Coordinate gift acknowledgment strategies with all team members
- Build an annual and monthly donor program
- Lead and organize a minimum of two annual direct mail asks
- Develop and lead a fund development committee with support from the Board of Directors
- Plan 1-2 in-person fundraising events a year (i.e. Golf Tournament, Breakfast, Gala)
- Write all fundraising asks
- Respond to donor requests for information, queries and general information
- Manage Donor Management System, including updates and reporting
- Corporate Partnerships: Work with the Fast and Female Leadership Team to identify, develop and steward corporate partnerships
- Leverage F&F’s events and programs for new partnership opportunities
- Create customized partnership presentation decks
- Track and schedule all follow-ups with existing and potential partners
- Liaise with corporate partners on levels of partnership and ensure that F&F fulfils all commitments
- Build Fundraising Strategy: With the Executive Director and Communication Manager, develop a plan and strategy for fundraising
- Plan and execute the rollout of digital Fundraising beginning in Q2-Q3 of 2024
- With the Communications Manager, coordinates all digital asks
- Support strategic segmentation of digital and fundraising databases
- Plan the annual fund development strategy, including in-person and virtual opportunities
- Support in the fundraising of a minimum of $500,000 in grants and donor dollars
- Staffing and Mentorship
- Build and manage a team of part-time staff, volunteers, and interns/placement students (support staff/volunteers) to support Fund Development projects and initiatives
- Leads the recruitment and hiring of new support staff/volunteers as necessary
- Holds weekly check-ins with support staff/volunteers
- Supports in identifying key deliverables and tasks for
- Leads yearly staff evaluations of part-time support staff
- Project Management and Administration
- Maintain email account
- Provide support in drafting and reporting updates
- Budget management
- Coordinate timeliness of the gift processing, acknowledgement, data management and reporting processes
- Attend core team meetings, as necessary
- Connect with Fast and Female Board of Directors and other sub-committees as necessary
- Other ad-hoc administrative support activities, as requested
- Provides regular updates and reports to the Board of Directors and Executive Director
- Work regularly with the Communications Manager on all communications to donors, sponsors, and grantors through newsletters and emails
|DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
|DESIRED WORK STYLE
- Personal Laptop/ Computer
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Personal Cell Phone/Phone
- Ability to work 37.5 hours per week (requires a highly flexible candidate)
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings on occasions
- Must be willing to travel to programs and events on occasion
- Location: Remote work
- A commitment of 37.5 weekly hours of work
- Flexibility in working location though preference is for Calgary, Vancouver or Toronto
- $50,000 – $60,000 yearly salary
- 2 weeks vacation + 1 week off between December 24 – January 1
- $500 employee benefit allowance plan
Application deadline: December 20, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET. Applicant must be available for an interview on December 21 or 22.
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com