WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE? Fast and Female is a nationwide charity on a mission…
WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE?
Fast and Female is a nationwide charity on a mission to empower girls through sport and physical activity! Using our evidence-based curriculum, developed by industry leaders, we aim to build the confidence and leadership skills of girls ages 8-18 through our events and programs. We believe in the power of REAL (relatable, empowered, active leaders) Role Models for our participants and aim to create girl-centred, girl-focused opportunities for our participants to connect with incredible women Role Models that are passionate about sport and physical activity.
- Harnessing the power of sports and role models to forge a new generation of women leaders.
- Keep self-identified girls healthy and active in sports.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sports culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful change.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
- Program Facilitator
- Reports to Program Manager, works collaboratively with Program Coordinator
- The Program Facilitator plays a key role in delivering a successful, safe and inspiring Fast and Female 6-week program, in-person for youth participants. The person in this position shares our vision for a positive, empowering culture for girls in sports. The role consists of preparing and delivering six (6)120 minute sessions, meeting Fast and Female’s program quality standards, and offering a unique and empowering experience to all participants. The candidate is accountable
for building relationships with key stakeholders including REAL Role Models, presenting program partners and fitness leaders.
- Program Development and Planning
- Reviews and learns program curriculum and schedule with Fast and Female staff
- Using the Fast and Female Google Drive, reviews relevant program documents to familiarize themselves with curriculum and tools
- Establishes key contacts with stakeholders as necessary
- Partakes in all program meetings where necessary
- Program Delivery and Evaluation
- Supports in the preparation of program materials
- Reviews the incident reporting process
- Ensures Incidents reports are completed if required during the program and submitted to the Program Manager after the program
- Act as a Fast and Female spokesperson and MC at each program (public speaking/talk about Fast and Female, introduce REAL Role Model)
- Delivers curriculum to a group of 40 participants in person
- Follows the schedule and supports in transitions between physical activity and classroom sessions
- Program Administrative tasks
- Supports creating new and/or updating current templates, resources, and procedural documents for the program
- Attends Fast and Female staff meetings as necessary
- Program Wrap Up
- Participates in program debrief with Fast and Female and other key stakeholders
- Participates in post-program evaluation with Fast and Female’s research partner, as needed
- Creates a post program report to share with Fast and Female team and presenting partner
- Provides any additional feedback to Program Manager
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong facilitation and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal/people skills
- Strong communication
- Sport and physical activity program experience an asset
DESIRED WORK STYLE
- Strong ability to work independently
- Self-directed (takes action as a leader)
- Strong communication skills
- Contractual, part-time work
- Team Player
- Attention to details
- Can-do attitude
TOOLS OWNED BY EMPLOYEE
- Personal Laptop/Computer
- Access to Wi-Fi
- Able to travel to and from site location
COMMITMENT AND WORK ARRANGEMENT
- Location: MLSE LaunchPad, 259 Jarvis St. Toronto, ON.
- Ability to work 25-30 hours between the anticipated start date of September 7 – November 8, 2023 (dates may be altered).
- Must be available on Monday evenings starting Sept. 18 from 5:00 – 7:30 pm until October 30, 2023 in Toronto, ON. (No Program on Oct. 9)
- Must be able to travel to the program (parking not provided)
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings on occasion.
- Please note that this is a contract position.
- $500 CAD honorarium.
- Honorarium will be provided upon completion of debrief meeting.
Applications close August 27 at 5 pm EST.
All applicants will be asked to submit a resume through the application form.