WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE? Fast and Female is a nationwide charity on a mission…
WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE?
Fast and Female is a nationwide charity on a mission to empower girls through sport and physical activity! Using our evidence-based curriculum, developed by industry leaders, we aim to build the confidence and leadership skills of girls ages 8-18 through our events and programs. We believe in the power of REAL (relatable, empowered, active leaders) Role Models for our participants and aim to create girl-centred, girl-focused opportunities for our participants to connect with incredible women Role Models that are passionate about sport and physical activity.
- Harnessing the power of sports and role models to forge a new generation of women leaders.
- Keep self-identified girls healthy and active in sports.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sports culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful change.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
- Sports Day the Girls Way Event Coordinator
- Reports to Program Manager
- Fast and Female is seeking an Event Coordinator to coordinate the successful execution of Sports Day the Girls Way Presented by Ottawa Sport and Entertainment Group (OSEG) Foundation, in Ottawa, ON. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented and has a flexible schedule leading into this event on Tuesday, October 10, 2023. The person in this position shares our vision for a positive, empowering culture for girls in sports. The candidate is accountable for organizing the Run of Show for the event, recruiting physical activity leads and role models, supporting with post-program evaluations, Eventbrite and other remote and administrative duties.
- Program and Event Development and Planning
- Works closely with the Program Manager and other core team members (as necessary) by providing input and support in the planning and delivery of the event.
- Help to develop and maintain all program and digital event resources, including the Google Drive folders, work back plans/critical path and run sheet documents for the event.
- Collaborates with the Fast and Female Communications team to ensure effective and proper pre-program and event communications to partners and participants, as necessary.
- Liaise with partners, Role Models, physical activity facilitators, panellists and other external supports to collect relevant information and items related to communications and marketing – i.e., partner logo, Role Model photo, Instagram information, etc.
- Attend meetings with OSEG Foundation partner(s) as needed.
- Travel to the event space in advance to do a complete site walk, meet with the event committee and confirm any final event details (max. two site visits).
- Program and Event Delivery and Evaluation
- Oversees the maintenance of the Eventbrite registration page, including running event reports, reviewing responses, etc.
- Ensure that all insurance policies and procedures are followed, including having waivers signed and retained for the safe execution of the program or event.
- Supports the collection and analysis of data on participation, including program and event participant numbers, registration information, the contact information of partners and Role Models, and post-event survey results – this includes support in creating new surveys through in-person, Survey Monkey and/or Google Forms.
- Liaison with role models and physical activity leads.
- Liaison with Toronto Inventory Coordinator to collect and set up all materials to bring onsite (swag, banners, tent, etc.)
- Oversees the on-site delivery of the event – from on-site set-up, coordinating Role Models, Physical Activity Leads, Panelists, and volunteers, liaison with event photographers, take down, etc.
- Assists in the creation of post-program and event internal and external reports (i.e., for donors and sponsors).
- Program and Event Administrative tasks
- Supports creating new and/or updating current templates, resources, and procedural documents for the event.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong Eventbrite event page creation and management skills are a requirement
- Strong events project management, planning and hosting experience
- Experience using Survey Monkey and Google Forms
- Program creation and delivery experience
- Google Drive knowledge
- Spreadsheet management a requirement (Excel)
DESIRED WORK STYLE
- Strong ability to work independently
- Self-directed (takes action as a leader)
- Strong communication skills
- Contractual, part-time work
- Team Player
- Attention to details
- Can-do attitude
- Flexible mindset
- Creative and Curious
TOOLS OWNED BY EMPLOYEE
- Personal Laptop/Computer
- Access to Wi-Fi
COMMITMENT AND WORK ARRANGEMENT
- Location: Ottawa area– primarily remote contract work with on-site needs (max. 2) leading up to the event
- Ability to work up to 100 hours between the anticipated start date of August 1 – October 24, 2023 (dates may be altered)
- Must be available on Tuesday, October 10, 2023, in Ottawa, TD Place, for the event
- Must be able to travel to the event
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings on occasions
- $20 an hour for up to 100 hours (additional hours of work must be approved by Program Manager)
- Hours will be submitted on a monthly basis via invoice or all at once at the end of the contract (this is based on the incumbent’s preference)
HOW TO APPLY
- Please complete the form and upload your resume to this form by clicking ‘Apply Here’ below.
Applications close July 23 at 5 pm EST.