Dear Fast and Female Community, What an incredible year it has been for Canadian women…
WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE?
- Fast and Female is a Canadian charity on a mission to keep self-identified girls aged 8-14 healthy and active in sports and physical activities. Founded in 2005 by Olympic gold medalist Chandra Crawford, Fast and Female believes in the power of positive sport experiences and role models to give girls leadership, teamwork, and resiliency skills.
- In our endeavour to foster lasting involvement in sports, we host national and local events and programs in collaboration with community partners and like-minded individuals. Fast and Female provides opportunities for powerful connection with REAL (Relatable, Empowered, Active Leaders) Role Models from within the girls’ communities.
- Harnessing the power of sports, movement, and role models to forge a new generation of women leaders.
- Keep self-identified girls healthy and active in sports and physical activities.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sport culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful change.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
- Fund Development Manager
- Reports to the CEO
- In close collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, and Leadership Team, the Fund Development Manager will implement the Fund Development Plan to diversify the organization’s donor base and ensure long-term financial security
- Launch a giving program that offers a range of opportunities including annual gifts, monthly, direct mail, and major gifts, grants and foundations
- Establish fundraising goals and identify funding opportunities
- Identifies, builds, and stewards authentic relationships with key organizational partners, including the Board of Directors, corporate partners, major funders, volunteers and community stakeholders
- Grants and Foundations: Identify, manage and steward grant-based fundraising
- Research and identify new grant opportunities
- Coordinate all grant-based team meetings
- Lead grant writing
- Track all outstanding grants and grant reporting deadlines
- In collaboration with the CEO, write all grant reports to funders
- Liaise with the Communications team to ensure proper recognition and promotions of grantors
- Donor Development and Stewardship: Develop and manage a portfolio of donors through the stages of qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Identify prospective major donors and funders
- Develop and document strategies for authentic relationship-building
- Coordinate gift acknowledgment strategies with all team members
- Build an annual and monthly donor program
- Lead and organize a minimum of two annual direct mail asks
- Write all fundraising asks
- Respond to donor requests for information, queries and general information
- Corporate Partnerships: Work with the Director of Development and Leadership Team to identify, develop and steward corporate partnerships
- Leverage F&F’s events and programs for new partnership opportunities
- Create customized partnership presentation decks
- Track, and schedule all follow-ups with existing and potential partners
- Liaise with corporate partners on levels of partnership and ensure that F&F fulfils all commitments
- Build Digital Fundraising Strategy: With the CEO and Communication Manager, develop a plan and strategy for digital fundraising
- Plan and execute the rollout of digital fundraising beginning in the fall of 2021
- With the Communications Manager, coordinates all digital asks
- Support strategic segmentation of digital and fundraising databases
- Plan the 2022 digital fund development strategy, including options for online donations
- Determine appropriate online donation partners
- Project Management and Administration
- Maintain email account;
- Provide support in drafting and reporting updates;
- Budget management;
- Coordinate timeliness of the gift processing, acknowledgement, data management and reporting processes
- Attend core team meetings, as necessary;
- Connect with Fast and Female Board of Directors and Anti-Racism and Respect Advisory Committee as necessary
- Other ad-hoc administrative support activities as requested.
|DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
|DESIRED WORK STYLE
- Personal Laptop/ Computer
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work 22.5 hours per week or three full days/week (requires a highly flexible candidate)
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings on occasions
- Must be willing to travel to program and events on occasion
- Location: Remote
- A commitment of 22.5 or three days per week – flexible hours set by the CEO
- $52-65K pro-rated for three days per week or $31,200- $39,000K
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- $1,000 employee benefit allowance plan
- Up to 5% salary bonus
- Flexibility in working location though preference is for Toronto or Calgary
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THIS ROLE IS NOW CLOSED.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT US AT INFO@FASTANDFEMALE.COM