Fast and Female is very pleased to announce that it has appointed Gabriela (Gaby) Estrada…
WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE?
- Fast and Female is a Canadian charity on a mission to keep self-identified girls aged 8-14 healthy and active in sports. Founded in 2005 by Olympic gold medalist Chandra Crawford, Fast and Female believes in the power of positive sport experiences and role models to give girls leadership, teamwork, and resiliency skills.
- In our endeavour to foster lasting involvement in sports, we host national and local events and programs in collaboration with community partners and like-minded individuals. Fast and Female provides opportunities for powerful connection with REAL (Relatable, Empowered, Active Leaders) Role Models from within the girls’ communities.
- Harnessing the power of sports and role models to forge a new generation of women leaders.
- Keep self-identified girls healthy and active in sports.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sport culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful change.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
- Operations Coordinator
- Reports to Finance Leader
- Active member of the internal culture, attending meetings and contributing to initiatives and goals;
- Self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented, able to work in a structured manner implementing processes and systems and managing a variety of tasks and duties simultaneously; and
- Highly communicative and effective in a virtual environment, thrives on teamwork and has a commitment to shared values and mission.
- Office Administration
- Oversee a variety of day to day operations to ensure efficiency and maintain effective workflow.
- Maintain document retention and filing policy and process.
- Manage virtual office tools e.g. email, Slack, Zoom, Google drive, email@example.com, team calendar
- Coordinate Monday and Friday meeting leadership
- Manage contract protocols e.g. signing, filing, for events, donors, employees
- Fund Development Support
- Guide and develop Fund Development Director on Salesforce
- Maintain process documentation for use of Salesforce
- Provide training on use of Salesforce
- Liaison with Fund Development Director and donors (emails & inquiries)
- Coordinate donor recognition, maintain donor thanking policy
- Manage Charitable Impact and Canada Helps
- Grants Administration
- Research and identify new grants
- Track outstanding applications
- Coordinate grant team meetings
- Follow-up on outstanding requests
- Manage grant reporting for content and deadlines
- Hiring Support
- Support hiring and recruiting efforts. Including but not limited to job postings, application vetting, job description managements, and interview scheduling.
- Assist in onboarding new contractors and staff with virtual office tools, appropriate “how to” and process documents, and invoicing procedures.
- Develop and document team processes by creating “how to” or “process” documents for Frequently Asked Questions or common processes and operations tasks.
- Board/ARRC Liaison & Communications
- Share updated policies and processes established at the board level e.g. Code of Conduct, Whistleblower policy
- Support the board in managing the google drive
- Support in recruiting new board members
- Support in onboarding new board members
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
DESIRED WORK STYLE
TOOLS OWNED BY EMPLOYEE
- Laptop Computer
- Ability to work up to 15 hours per week (requires a highly flexible candidate)
- Location: Virtual, anywhere
All interested individuals are encouraged to apply by filling out the application form below
The Application Period has now closed. We thank all interested candidates for submitting their resumes. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. If there are any questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org