WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE? Fast and Female is a Canadian charity on a mission…
WHAT IS FAST AND FEMALE?
Fast and Female is a Canadian charity on a mission to keep self-identified girls aged 8-14 healthy and active in sports. Founded in 2005 by Olympic gold medalist Chandra Crawford, Fast and Female believes in the power of positive sport experiences and role models to give girls leadership, teamwork, and resiliency skills.
In our endeavour to foster lasting involvement in sports, we host national and local events and programs in collaboration with community partners and like-minded individuals. Fast and Female provides opportunities for powerful connection with REAL (Relatable, Empowered, Active Leaders) Role Models from within the girls’ communities.
Harnessing the power of sports and role models to forge a new generation of women leaders.
Keep self-identified girls healthy and active in sports.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-RACISM AND RESPECT
- Fast and Female was created in 2005 to tackle the inequalities and systemic barriers for girls and women in sports; however, we are also aware of how these inequalities reach far beyond sport culture and how they affect racialized and marginalized populations more than others.
- We recognize that Fast and Female’s values of Inclusion and Social Change cannot be fully realized until we address these injustices and oppression and make meaningful change.
- We are committed to hiring staff and contractors who, in addition to possessing the desirable experience, values and skill sets, contribute to meaningful and intersectional representation among our team.
- Program Coordinator – Youth Council (2-year term)
- Reports to Program Director
- Fast and Female is establishing a new Fast and Female Youth Council, supported through funding from the Doc Seaman Amateur Sports Grant. The Fast and Female Youth Council will engage 15-20 girls, aged 14- 18, from across Canada, who will guide and support Fast and Female programs and events. These programs and events are held in person and virtually, for self-identified girls (8-14), Leaders in Training (LIT, 14-18), parents, coaches and sports leaders throughout the year.
- The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the recruitment and execution of the Fast and Female Youth Council. The candidate is accountable for supporting all Fast and Female Youth Council meetings, activities and other initiatives across Canada through various roles which include but are not limited to:
- Developing Youth Council position descriptions, recruitment plan, key goals and initiatives, interviewing potential candidates, overseeing monthly meetings, reporting, database management, working with the social media and communications team, and program development and delivery.
- Youth Council Recruitment and Execution
- Provides key support to the Program Team (Program Director, Program Coordinators, Communications Team and Contractors) to contribute to the development of the Fast and Female Youth Council program, including identifying key goals, work back plan and recruitment plan to ensure the safe, fun, and cost-conscious delivery;
- Create descriptions of Youth Council position(s);
- Support the Communications team in the recruitment strategy;
- Interview and select Youth Council candidates, ensuring representation of diverse voices from across Canada;
- Lead in scheduling and facilitating biweekly to monthly Youth Council meetings;
- Act as the primary liaison between Youth Council and core Fast and Female team to provide recommendations from the Youth Council on Fast and Female programming and other areas of operations;
- Tracking Youth Council meetings and overall outcomes to report back to the core Fast and Female team.
- Youth Council Program and Event Development and Delivery
- Support and guide the Youth Council, alongside support from the Programs Team in the development of programs and events for girls and LITs across Canada;
- Work with the Programs team and Youth Council to deliver program and events, alongside other Youth Council initiatives;
- Ensure that the Youth Council is actively engaged in decision-making opportunities throughout their terms, including developing tools, training plans, mentorship, programs and other initiatives;
- Liaison with Inventory Coordinator(s) as needed.
- Project Management and Administration
- Maintain Youth Council email account;
- Provide support in drafting and reporting updates;
- Budget management;
- Attend core team meetings, as necessary;
- Connect with Fast and Female Board of Directors and Anti-Racism and Respect Advisory Committee as necessary;
- Other ad-hoc administrative support activities as requested.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
DESIRED WORK STYLE
TOOLS OWNED BY EMPLOYEE
- Laptop Computer
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work up to 20 hours per month (requires a highly flexible candidate)
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings on occasions
- Must be willing to travel to program and events on occasion
- Location: Remote
- A commitment of up to 20 hours per month – flexible hours set by the Program Coordinator.
All interested individuals are encouraged to apply.
The Application Period has now closed. We thank all interested candidates for submitting their resumes. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. If there are any questions or concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org